Creation of the Nuclear Power Plant Division
. This clipping from the 12 February 1958 issue of the North Renfrew Times announces the formation of the Nuclear Power Plant Division. The roots of the Division go back to 1954 when a Nuclear Power Branch was formed at CRNL “to investigate the use of the Canadian reactor system for the production of electricity”. As indicated in the announcement, the new home of the Division was to be the A.W. Manby Center of Ontario Hydro in Toronto.